RecruitNet International Ltd is now recruiting Theatre Nurses with PACU and Anesthesia care unit experience for Hospitals in Dublin.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Will participate as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Will facilitate and deliver quality patient care by effective and efficient management of available time and resources demonstrating professional leadership and clinical expertise.
- Will advance current nursing practice in accordance with NMBI guidelines.
- As a Staff Nurse in Anaesthetics will participate in ongoing professional development within the department in line with current and future service demands and advances within Anaesthetic nursing.
- The Staff Nurse will communicate with the Clinical Coordinator and provide support as required.
- The Staff Nurse in Anaesthetics will manage the day to day operational requirements that arise and will collaborate closely with the members of other departments.
- Responsibility for ensuring the operation of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficiently arranged physical setting.
- Adhere to internal controls for the department.
- Participate in all regulatory and mandatory survey processes within the Hospital.
- The post holder will be familiar with and adhere to The Professional Scope of Practice
Framework (NMBI 2000).
The post holder will ensure:
- The patient’s needs are individually assessed.
- A care plan and evaluation process are planned and implemented.
- Patients are cared for in the optimum clinical environment, adhering to all nursing and hospital-wide policies and guidelines.
- Delegation is appropriate to the skill level and knowledge of the individual to whom the task is delegated.
- Documentation is recorded in a professional, legible and timely fashion.
- Deputise for the Clinical Coordinator as appropriate.
- Participate in department problem solving and improvement of systems.
- Adhere to Standard Precautions as appropriate.
- The use of protective barriers as appropriate.
- Handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately
- Maintain good working relationships with other departments and with physicians, patients, families and outside agencies.
- Communicate during the shift with the relevant Clinical Coordinator as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Participate in ongoing consultation and collaboration with physicians and other care providers to maximise patient outcomes and unit specific goals.
- Participate in unit-based and interdepartmental QI activities.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist co-workers whenever needed.
Personal & Professional Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional portfolio.
- Utilise all practical opportunities to educate the patient and their families.
- Attend appropriate study days and courses.
- Be a preceptor and or supervisor to students and newly appointed staff.
- Participate in their performance review with their Nurse Manager.
NMBI Registered General Nurse licence. (Active NMBI PIN)
BLS & ACLS
Minimum of 1-year post registration experience in an acute hospital setting preferably in Anaesthetics.
Have proven clinical ability and communication skills.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration.