Job Title: Director of Nursing & Related Services
Professionally accountable to: CEO
Key working relationships: Clinical Nurse Managers, Consultants, Nursing Staff, Healthcare Assistants, Allied Support Services and Senior Management Team.
Key reporting relationships: CEO
The Director of Nursing will be responsible for providing strong strategic, professional and clinical leadership for all aspects of Nursing, Healthcare Assistant and Allied Support Services.
The focus of the Director of Nursing role will be on improving the patient experience, the quality of patient care and patient outcomes, in the context of developing a culture of performance improvement within the allocated resource.
The Director of Nursing will be accountable for the development of staffing structures, staffing skill mix and for the clinical and operational competence of all staff under his/ her authority.
The Director of Nursing will be a member of the Senior Management Team and will have a key role in creating an atmosphere and culture where quality and patient safety and experience can flourish within strong multidisciplinary collaboration across the hospital.
- The Candidate must be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses
maintained by An Bord Altranais.
- Degree holder preferable to Master Level.
- Minimum 10 years postgraduate nursing experience, plus 3 years in a management
- Possess strong leadership qualities and human resources management skills.
- Be able to work in a collegial and collaborative way.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally & written, with Clinical and non-clinical
staff, medical personnel, patients and relatives.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proven clinical ability including risk management, clinical audit and resource
- Competence in the use of information technology.
Corporate & Clinical Management
- The Director of Nursing will:
- As a member of the Senior Management Team share corporate and clinical
responsibility for the achievement of the Hospital’s corporate and clinical
- Be responsible for providing advice to the Senior Management Team and Clinical
Directors on all issues relating to Nursing policy and practice.
- Contribute to policy, planning and decision-making processes for the Hospital.
- Provide leadership to all nursing, Health Care Assistant and Allied Support Services
- Be responsible for ensuring maintenance of professional standards and statutory
requirements as laid down by the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clinical nurse managers.
- Ensure an integrated and seamless patient experience for recipients of care.
- Fantastic salary and benefits package starting from €57000 per year to depending on your experience.
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this role you may-
Submit your application and CV via the APPLY button, we will respond to your application shortly.
Alternatively you can contact Shilpa by calling at 016010625