Reports To: Radiology Services Manager
Overview of the Post
The Diagnostic Imaging Department provides a service to both Inpatients and Outpatients. It includes General Radiography, Theatre Imaging, Ultrasound, Mammography, MRI and PET/CT services. The holder of this post will work as a member of the Radiography Department and multi-disciplinary teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To maintain, and be accountable for, high standards in Patient Care and Radiographic Techniques.
• To ensure that the principles of radiation protection (Justification, Optimisation, ALARA and Dose Limits) are adhered to, and to follow the “local rules”.
• To comply with the directives of statutory instruments, SI 256 and SI 125.
• To maintain an up to date clinical and technical knowledge and take advice and training where required.
• To maintain a clean and safe work environment and adhere to health and safety guidelines.
• To report any equipment faults to the designated supervisor and document the fault in the appropriate log folder.
• To participate in Routine Q.A. procedures and also in the CHKS accreditation process as required.
• To be familiar, and comply with, any relevant Legislation and Operational policies, such as the Ionising Radiation Regulations, Fire Regulations, infection control, and Local Procedures as set out within the department and hospital.
• To undertake a pro-active role in the CHKS accreditation process on an on-going basis.
• To be an efficient user of the Radiology Information System (RIS) and the PACS system and any other systems required to fulfill the duties on a daily basis.
Qualifications / Education:
• Hold the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Radiography or
The Diploma of the College of Radiographers and be validated by the Department of Health.
• CORU Registered
Knowledge & Experience:
• At least 1-2 years’ experience of working in a Radiography Dept. (Desirable)
• MRI Experience – Desirable
• Cath Lab Experience – Desirable
• Good working knowledge of the RIS system
• Experience of on-call and be available for the same (Desirable). To work in the General Department on a day to day basis and be flexible
• Ability to manage in a rapidly changing environment and a willingness to undertake such additional duties within the Diagnostic Imaging Department as may be assigned from time to time
• Strong awareness of Radiation Safety
• Knowledge of Health & Safety
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of current theory & practice in Diagnostic Radiography
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant
RecruitNet is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
For more details, please contact Renji, at email@example.com or call 0894048431